If you are signing up to drive in Austin, TX, please read through these requirements that are only in place for Austin drivers. All drivers must meet these requirements in order to qualify as a driver for Fare.
Fingerprint Background Check
The City of Austin requires all drivers to complete a fingerprint background check. If you have not completed your fingerprint background check, now is the time to do so. Please do the following so you can get on the road and start driving with Fare.
- Schedule an appointment by clicking here.
- Our service code is: 11GYVN.
- Be sure you add Fare as one of the TNCs you plan on driving with.
- If you already have your prints, and didn't add Fare as a TNC, simply head to: 1111 Rio Grande St. Austin TX 78701 (Ground Transportation Permit Office) and add Ride Fare, LLC.
- Allow up to 72 hours for the fingerprint check to complete.
- Go back to the Ground Transportation Permit Office to pickup your Fingerprint Sticker and TNC Card.
After completing your fingerprint check you will need to go back to the Ground Transportation Office to pickup your TNC card, once it is ready for pickup.
In Austin, when a driver registers their vehicle, they must complete a state inspection. This inspection can be submitted as your Proof of Inspection as long as it is a valid document. For Proof of Inspection, drivers may submit the following;
- Fare inspection form.
- State inspection form.
- Registration sticker (can't get this without completing a state inspection).
- Inspection form completed for another rideshare company within the last one year.