If you are signing up to drive in Austin, TX, please read through these requirements that are only in place for Austin drivers. All drivers must meet these requirements in order to qualify as a driver for Fare.
Download the App
If you haven't already, please text DRIVEATX to 69922 to download the Drive Fare mobile app. Fare uses SMS to share important time sensitive information with you. As you know this business moves fast, text messaging is the best way to keep you in the know and we will have much to communicate with you in these first weeks.
Fingerprint Background Check
The City of Austin requires all drivers to complete a fingerprint background check. If you have not completed your fingerprint background check, now is the time to do so. Please do the following so you can get on the road and start driving with Fare.
- Schedule an appointment by clicking here.
- Our service code is: 11GYVN.
- Be sure you add Fare as one of the TNCs you plan on driving with.
- If you already have your prints, and didn't add Fare as a TNC, simply head to: 1111 Rio Grande St. Austin TX 78701 (Ground Transportation Permit Office) and add Ride Fare, LLC.
- Allow up to 72 hours for the fingerprint check to complete.
- Go back to the Ground Transportation Permit Office to pickup your Fingerprint Sticker and TNC Card.
In Austin, when a driver registers their vehicle, they must complete a state inspection. This inspection can be submitted as your Proof of Inspection as long as it is a valid document. For Proof of Inspection, drivers may submit the following;
- Fare inspection form.
- State inspection form.
- Registration sticker (can't get this without completing a state inspection).
- Inspection form completed for another rideshare company within the last one year.
Transportation Network Company (TNC) Card
Once you have completed your fingerprint check you will need to go to the Ground Transportation Office to pickup your TNC card.
All drivers are required to meet with a Fare Advisor before being activated. You do not need to schedule your appointment but you will have to attend during available classes:
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
Fare Office in Tech Space
98 San Jacinto Boulevard
Austin, Texas 78701